Planning for Success
As we near the end of the financial year, you can almost feel the stress and anticipation in the air as businesses struggle with juggling business priorities with tax time. What I would like to see is a scenario whereby your business is using this opportunity in a more positive way, focusing on what opportunities lie ahead in addition to what has been. In other words, I want you to complete a business review and preview for how the last 6 months have gone and where the next are going.
Given you will invest 1250 hours into your real estate career over the next 6 months, why not get a better return on investment and put some planning in to it?!
A Business Review:
This requires a deep level of self-analysis about how your business is doing and what upgrades you need to take it further. Feedback from your team can be really helpful but remember this is your own review so it is important you can stand back and constructively analyse yourself and your business.
- How am I doing me? How would I shift, change or modify anything to get the best results?
- What were the highlights?
- What went well and what were the successes from a career point of view?
- What was on the clunky side or what were you disappointed with? What areas didn’t go well and what areas need to be upgraded?
Remember, upgrades don’t need to be constricted to areas of your business that aren’t doing well. You might be able to make improvements in an area that is going well, allowing you to capitalise even more! Alternatively of course, it might be an opportunity to focus on something that hasn’t gone well but if strengthened will take your business further.
A Business Preview:
Spring is a fantastic selling season and by the time it comes around you want to be in a position whereby you have done this review work and have a framework in place to truly capitalise on a brilliant run to the end of the year.
Ask yourself: What does success look like at the end of the year?
- Remember to take in to account both a business and personal point of view of success
- Create 3-5 benchmarks that would mean an exceptional last 6 months to the end of year
- Based on these benchmarks, what are the key wins/projects that you can grab hold of and put in place to start to build some momentum?
Now is the time to act and react to your business for the year ahead. Not only will it set you up for the next 6 months, it will propel you into the best preparation for 2020.
For more informaiton please check out driveperformance.com.au