If I get a dollar every time I hear someone characterise the current market as “challenging” or “downturn“ I could retire a wealthy man!
Instead I’m going to share an insight with you, this is an insight that no one seems to be talking about despite the fact that it could take your business to new heights. So, what is this amazing insight I speak of?….drum roll please….BIG plays happen in a changing market! You heard it here first folks! But in all seriousness think about it. If you waste your time and energy worrying about how challenging things are, what’s going to come of it? I predict not much! Instead, what you need to do is focus on the things you can control. Change your thinking, create a clear and achievable business plan for 2019 and find that breakthrough you need to get real momentum back in to your business.
Here are my tops tips to take on 2019:
- New Real Estate Market – It’s time to start viewing our current market conditions as the New Real Estate Market. We need to fit in to the market that is here now. There’s no point in waiting around for a market change – adapt and respond to current market needs. How are you going to help your clients capitalise on this market?
- Performance culture – Benchmark what your team’s performance looks like. This will differ for everyone depending on their career cycle (rising stars, performers, new recruits). Brainstorm with your team in the process of setting the standards of the company. These benchmarks will form the foundation of your performance culture.
- Brilliant team work – Now more than ever is the year to work together as a team to achieve real estate success. None of us are as smart as all of us. We need to play a team game in 2019.
- Clarity of your plan – What are five initiatives you can put in place to take the team forward and achieve great results? Instead of trying to implement too many initiatives poorly, I suggest you focus on just five and do them well.
- Powerful processes – In a business you have people and processes. I see 2019 as being an opportunity to implement powerful processes that will assist your team. How do you get group buy in? Make them relevant and meaningful. Your team will want to know the purpose of why you are putting processes in place so make sure you are clear on what you are trying to achieve before you roll out the process to the rest of the team.
Good luck with the year ahead. As always, the team at Real Estate Results Network are here to help make this YOUR year.
LET’S DO THIS!