Are you only pushing for results, or are you leading your team to success?
One of my favourite quotes is “Your business will never out-perform your leadership.” This is always true in real estate, where a strong crew is universally the result of having the right person steering the ship.
I’ve seen more than my fair share of agencies during my two decades working with real estate leaders. Along the way, I’ve taken in exactly what those performing at an exceptional level are doing. I’ve also been able to review the flaws within the businesses that are struggling to remain relevant.
When I reflect on what I’ve seen over the years, it’s fair to say that the quality and consistency of leadership really is, is the deciding factor in whether or not your agency has the edge. This is because it is up to the leader to set the benchmarks for everyone to strive towards. These benchmarks are set in all areas of your agency.
As a real estate agency Principal, the overall performance of your business should always be on your radar. Here are ten questions to ask yourself that can give you an understanding of how well your business is doing.
10 Point Business Reality Check
1. Does your agency have a strong focus, with consistent vision and values?
2. How steady is your performance culture?
3. Are you effectively positioned for positive momentum in your market?
4. How good is your recruitment and how quickly do new team members hit their stride?
5. Is there a constant drive for productivity and accountability?
6. Does your team have access to training and coaching?
7. How well does your agency retain talent?
8. Do you regularly recognise and celebrate achievement?
9. Could you describe your systems and procedures as “excellent”?
10. How effective and productive are your sales and team meetings?
(Hint: if you’re a great leader, your answers should be along the lines of “Yes”, “Very well” and “Never better”)
All these points are driven (or jeopardised) by the strength of your leadership. Each area needs to be locked and loaded. Yes, it means a lot of work for you as the person in charge, but the payback can be extraordinary.
In a buoyant real estate market, it is easy for a leader to become complacent. But nobody can tell what is around the corner. Want to know how to always pip the competition to the post? Stay rock steady on the above ten points. This means you and your team will be able to deliver above average results in any market conditions.
At The Business of Real Estate, you’ll get up close and personal with some of our industry’s leading thinkers and performers. These people are the cream of the crop in their respective markets and they never lose sight of doing things better. I’ll be there throughout the two days, helping you to maximise the value of the experience and showing you how to grab the top 10 leadership habits and make them work for you. Book your place here.